Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tree Hunting!





So, in following our tradition we started in Alaska we decided (or mainly me) to go out into the woods and hunt for the perfect tree. We roped James and Erin into coming with us so we made a day of it. We got our coffe and doughnuts and headed up toward Garden Valley. There are many more rules here than in AK for cutting down trees so we had to hike a little bit and I am picky about my trees so that required more hiking. We found a good one for James and Erin and then down a big hill we spotted our tree! The sun was shining on it and all! :) Jared and James hiked down and cut it down. Now, I am a bad judge of heights and it did not look that tall to me, but when we got it home it basically reached the ceiling! It is huge, but oh so pretty and nothing beats a fresh tree! Now it truly feels like christmas.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Gorgeous tree! I can't wait until I can have a real tree again. The cats go nuts with the fake one, I'd hate to lose a real one to them. HAHA!!