Tuesday, February 17, 2009

8 More?!


I am now into my 32nd week! Only 8 more (hopefully) to go! I feel huge and frankly not looking forward to getting bigger! I am sure the uncomfortable feeling will increase. It is all for a good cause though! There will be an end to this and I am sure I will miss it once it's over. I know it's been a long time when the hubby says he can't imagine me not pregnant! My baby shower is this weekend and I am excited to see everyone and an excuse to have a party. I have been holding off on the nursery until after the shower and I can organize everything. My dad is bringing up a dresser from IKEA this weekend so I can finally get all the clothes out of the tubs and into some drawers! My question this week is when did you all (who have had babies) start packing your hospital bag? What was something that you couldn't live without in it? Also, when did you put in the car seat? I want to be prepared in case something happens!

6 comments:

the Hampton's said...

I packed my bag like a month before my due date. I think we put in the car seat about that same time. What you could do though is just put it in the trunk so it is there if you need it. It proved to be a good idea for me, since Caleb was early. I could not live without my slippers, it made walking around so much easier. I also used my ipod A LOT! I can't believe you are only 2 months away..SO EXCITING! See ya this weekend!
Joye

Ashley Locke said...

I packed my bag slowly. Finished like a month before the due date and left it in the trunk of the car. We packed way too much. Pretty much all you need is some books, music, pajamas that are easy to nurse in, socks or slippers, tennis balls for Jared to massage you (if you have time, we didn't), coming home outfit for baby, anything else you want to take for baby, and anything you want or need for the shower.
We put the carseats in right after my shower. It made me feel better to have them ready to go and it's not like it took up space we were using anyway!

Ashley Locke said...

Oh and you want to pack clothes for Jared since he'll be there the same amount of time you are!!

Natalie said...

I love it! You are so cute. I hope you have a great time celebrating at your baby shower.

Andrea said...

I started making a list of things for the hospital about 6 weeks before my due dates. Then about a week before, slowly started putting things in a bag. Just went right down the list and off we went.
Don't take a bunch of stuff, you most likely won't need it. Get travel size soap, shampoe and toothpaste, maybe a new toothbrush so you don't forget it. A brush and some hair ties or clips. Robe, comfy pants and loose shirt for the ride home, slip on shoes. A couple of magazines, or a good book, the baby book to record things as you are thinking of them. Camera, important phone numbers written down, some places don't allow cell phones inside.

I would look at install the carseat at about 6 weeks. Check around to see if there are any certified installers in the area to teach you the ins and outs.

You look so good! Have a great time at your shower this weekend!

valerie said...

You look so great! :)
The carseat is a biggy. Make sure you have it adjusted to the right setting, and that you know how to put it in and out of the car. We had the hardest time figuring that out the first time, and we waited till we were leaving the hospital with the baby...made for amusement for the nurse who wheeled me out.
You want to feel comfortale but cute at the same time in the hosiptal. You will be seeing people that come see you and the baby, and nothing worse than not feeling cute. But that is the vain side of me....:)
another peice of advice to give you is to think of what pictures you want taken in the hospital, if you are particular about that. I never learned after 3 kids to make sure I get good picture there. Pick someone to be the picture taker, you might be so overwhelmed you forget (that's what happened to me)
and by pictures I don't mean ones of you having the baby....just thought I would make that clear! lol