Monday, June 23, 2008

Weed Jungle

The Before Picture

The weed was BIG! It is a 6 foot fence!

This is a horrible pic of me, but I got that weed!

The after picture. Almost done!

I had started working on our horrible side yard a few weeks ago and then left it to grow more weeds...oops. Today was the day to start again. It was pretty bad. I got a lot done in a little over an hour. Sophie came out and watched me and stole my towel for my knees to use as her bed. I saw many spiders and only one crawled out me scaring the crap outta me! It was almost like a disney movie in a way. I could picture all the little bugs running and screaming as I tear apart their weed home. I am sure there were a couple "hero" bugs ready to save the entire bug population. Well, when I finish I am not sure what I am going to do with the side yard. There is no gate there so no need for a pathway. Only found one sprinkler so far. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I only want to spend about 50 bucks to spruce it up. We are floating the river today so I hope to take a few photos before we hit the water! Wish me luck cuz I have almost drown everytime I have floated the darn thing! I am wearing my life jacket today!

2 comments:

valerie said...

I just had flashbacks of our yard like 5 years ago, and the entire yard was filled with weeds upon weeds.....ugh, I hate weeds! I have resolved that by making Justin do everything outside, and I manage the inside....:) I like that deal I made with myself....
oh the river.....I am the same way, I am not the biggest fan. I always want to have fun, but I am always secretly scared out of my mind!!! a big wimp I am....but I too almost drown, lost my lovely glasses, and couldn't float down that darn river for like 8 years after that..... :) hope you had fun!

Malissa said...

Hey Stacie! It's so good to hear from you. Your blog is way cute! I think it's a great way to keep up with people AND to journal! At the end of each year I'm planning on getting it put into a hardbound book so it will be our little "family yearbook." I just wish I would have started sooner!