Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The "joy" of potty training.

So, Kylie has been showing an interest in the potty lately and anytime she wants to sit on the potty we oblige. We are not full force potty training her, but we have had one successful "number 2" in the potty. This story though is about the unfortunate second time "number 2" made an apperance. It was on Saturday and Ky and I were getting home from the gym and we had to book it to get ready for a friend's birthday party so I run in the bathroom and turn on the shower and Kylie comes in and grabs her diaper and I ask if she needs to go to which she replies "yes!". We head to her bathroom where her potty seat is (we have one of those seats you put on the big seat to make it toddler size) and hunker down for some book reading and songs. A few minutes go by and nothing happens and of course I forget that I have the shower running and start to rush her along. She then decides she is done and starts climbing down. I in turn go to her room to grab a fresh diaper. When I return to the bathroom I find Kylie hanging from the toilet with a shall we say, "prize" on the floor and another on its way out. I try to help her down and figure out how to clean this up without making more of a mess. That did not happen, Kylie promptly put her foot in "prize" on the floor and managed to get it on the bathroom rug and on my shirt. By now, all I can do is laugh about the situation and rush her to the already running shower where she manages to get more "prize" on my bathroom rug before I get her in the shower. Then I realize I didn't shut the bathroom door where "prize" still lays on the floor(this is the part where if you are squimish you should stop reading). I run across the house to find of course one of the dogs enjoying "prize" I seriously thought I might puke right there and get said dog outside and close door. I run back to the shower where Ky is standing patietnly enjoying the noce warm water. Apparently, we both thought there was nothing funnier than a very pregnant mom running around the house dealing with poop. A good run through a hot washer and a scrub down with Lysol things are back to sparkling clean. Oh, and yes Kylie did get a chocolate for her efforts. She was so close and I rushed her, my bad. We did make it to the party only a few minutes late though! :)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Oh wow, that made me laugh so hard. Good luck with potty training and make sure to pass along good tips! ;-)