Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Planes!

I will break up the Austin trip into sections so it isn't a picture overload and I you won't have to read too much at one time either! We headed out to Texas on Wednesday morning and the first flight to Salt Lake went pretty good. It helped that it was a short flight and she had her own seat since the plane wasn't full. I had been super nervous about hauling a 1 year old, stoller, car seat, and bags through the airport, but a big thank you goes out to my mom who was such a big help! She would take Ky so I could get organized, fold up stroller, or just needed a break from the crazy energy of Kylie! A big thank you to Southwest airlines for letting me board with Kylie without having either her birth certificate (still waiting for it to show up in the mail) or shot record (NEVER got one from the hospital, argh). I would heve to say most people we encountered were so nice and helpful! The second flight from Salt Lake to Austin was not as smooth for Kylie. She needed a nap BAD and she would not fall asleep in my arms! Once again we had an empty seat next to me so I let her play on the floor by the seat, it seemed to keep her happy for at least 15 minutes at a time. Finally the last 20 minutes of the flight I made her lay in my arms and she passed out. I learned I should have just made her stay in my arms from the beginning and could have avoided all the meltdowns. I apologized to each person behind us as we left the plane I felt so awful! They all seemed pretty understanding. Next post, the Lone Star State!!!

Looking out the window!

Playing with the tray.

Checking over the menu for a snack.

Enjoying her in flight drink!

1 comment:

valerie said...

oh dear. At least you had your mom with you to help! little trooper.