Sunday, June 21, 2009

cherry picking


Excited for cherry picking! Even has on her cherry outfit!


This year we decided that it had been too long since we had gone to the Emmett Cherry Festival. Jared had never been to Emmett or cherry picking. It had been years since the rest of us went. We loaded up the car and headed on out. I had forgotten how nice Emmett was. It is a great small town. We went out to Frisbee Orchards and pulled up to get our buckets. We were amazed that it was only $1 a pound for the u-pick! That is such a great deal! When we got out to the orchard we were amazed at how many cherries they were on the trees. It didn't take long to fill our buckets with the lovely red, sweet treats. Jared even agreed it was fun picking! We may even go back later this week and pick some more. I asked what the best way is to freeze cherries and the lady at the stand said just as they are! Throw them in a bag and into the freezer. I may pit some of them and freeze them to use in baking in the winter. We didn't stay for the parade because Jared had to get back to head into work. We did check out the Gem County Museum while we were there and it had some interesting items. I did see one thing that I wish someone had cuz it sounded semi-good....a deep fried cinnamon roll! If I had still been pregnant I would have been begging for one since that was my one biggest craving. I could of had a cinnamon roll every day! Instead it was a cinnamon raisin english muffin to tide me over so I wouldn't gain 100 pounds! :) It was a fun day and going to try and make it out there for next year's festival. Ky will be old enough to help out...a little!








No comments: