Tuesday, March 17, 2009

36 weeks



The end is in sight! Only 4 more weeks left! Time is flying by and now my to-do list is in full swing trying to wrap up odds and ends. I got the car seat put in my car, which I have to move to behind the passenger seat cuz I can't unclip the seat from the base, there is no room! Argh. It is staying in the middle for now. Speaking of no room I feel like my belly cannot stretch anymore than it already has! Peanut is still up in my ribs giving me a hard time now and again, but I love watching her move around and it gives me reassurance all is well. I went to the doctor yesterday to get all checked out. I am 1/2 cm dialated and got an ultrasound to make sure she is head down and she is! We also checked her to make sure she is still a girl and she is still a girl. Jared although, thought it would be funny if we had the baby on April Fool's and the baby came out a boy! That did not calm my nerves, but he did get a chuckle out of me. I said I hope the baby would then look good in pink! I am still feeling pretty good, but sleeping a ton (when I actually get comfy). I am sleeping up to ten hours at a time and I figure I better enjoy it while I can!!! I am more excited then nervous now to meet this little one and she what she is all about and which one of us she looks like more!! I have her swimsuits and life jacket all ready for a nice long summer playing on the boat! Jared wonders when he can get her her own fishing pole. We will have to catch the fish for her for a little while.


In other news, my friend Sara had her baby two weeks ago today! She was quite the trooper and went drug free! Way braver than I, cuz I have a feeling I am going to need drugs asap! James is absolutely precious and it's amazing how one minute he was in her belly and the next he is here and we get to hold him!! Jared got a little disturbed when Sara and I changed him and he howled like no other. We had to remind him that new babies hate being naked and he was just fine. He just feels so bad when babies are crying. So cute! Sara is making a great recovery and I can't wait for our babies to become great friends as her and I have become!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I can't believe how close you are! Glad to hear you are still feeling well, makes it so much better.

I loved traveling into the hills this weekend, how cool that part of your family is there. It would be a pretty neat place to live, especially if you like the quite life.

Ashley Locke said...

10 hours?! Holy cow! I could never get more than 2 or 3 at a time. Yes, enjoy it. I can't remember the last time I slept like that. Before I was preggo! Saras baby looks like a big baby. Was he?