Friday, March 16, 2012

The PARTY!

I am finally posting the second part of birthday fun. I know you all were just dying of anticipation! ;)  For those who are on Pinterest you shall recognize the crafty things from there.  That site is good and bad, lots of good ideas, but not enough time and money to do them all!  Anyway, the party was fun!  The weather was good enough for the kids the play outside, thank goodness.  I apologize to everyone at the party if I didn't get to chat with you enough.  Too many people and not enough time to sit down and relax!  Ethan was spoiled rotten by everyone, but the kid was in need of some "boy" toys.  I really do need a bonus room!  He liked his cake, but not near as much as Kylie did.  Let's say he was a gentleman with his cake.  Now, that Ethan's birthday is over all Kylie can talk about is her upcoming party.  That girl is stoked for her shindig.  I better live up to her expectations and get crafting! ;)  In all seriousness we are so thankful to have so many people in our lives that love and care about us and our kids.  It is so heart warming that everyone came to shower our little boy in love on his big day!  Now onto the photo onslaught!  

The cake was banana inside and was as good as it looked!

My pinterest inspired yarn letter.  Much easier than I thought it would be!

Got this print from Zulily.  Another pinterest item, painted toy giraffe.

Not a party without tissue poms!  A big thank you to Erin for helping with those!

His birthday mantle with each month of his first year displayed.

The birthday boy himself!

The food spread.  I wish I would have taken close ups of the snacks.

he did not like his crown.

Wondering why we are all staring at him.

Eating his cake gentleman style.

One happy kiddo!



With G.G.ma.


One of his many new toys!

2 comments:

Malissa said...

What an adorable party! Good job mama! And that cake is amazing!!

valerie said...

Ok serious cuteness all around! Pinterest did you well (and the fact that you are crafty without needing pinterest) says alot! Love it all! The colors, the cake (oh my!) and of course the cute boy to make it all complete! Well done mama!