Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Projects

I have been in project mode lately. Just trying to wrap up my list of sewing before summer really gets here and my desire to sit and sew disappears! I have a TON of fabric to get through so I have some room in my crafty corner (yeah, I only have a corner now thanks to all the kid and Jared stuff, someday perhaps I will have a craft room again....) and we can have our kitchen table back. I tend to take over a lot of kitchen space with all the cutting, measuring, and machine. So, here are a couple pics of things I have been working on. one is done with my FAVORITE fabric that I have been just holding onto for no good reason so I put it to work. I will reveal what it is when I get it all finished!

Kylie's new owl! She points to her owl picture in her room every morning and say "owl" so I thought I better whip up one for her! Not too bad for making my own pattern! it was inpsired by the ones they currently have at Pottery Barn Kids. I will give the next one fatter legs though! They were a pain to turn right side out.

2 comments:

Malissa said...

Can I just tell you how jealous I am of your sewing ability? I think I need to come take some lessons! I always have these grand craft ideas but have to modify them b/c I can't sew with a darn. That owl is to die for... sell them mama!

Stacie and Jared said...

Why thank you! I am a simple sewer, meaning I don't do zippers, buttonholes or anything that takes more than 2 hours! Well, quilts are a different story! I have grand plans for my owls and plan to refine them!