Monday, April 19, 2010

Love/Hate

The big race was on Saturday. The dreaded/loved Race to Robie Creek! 9 out of the 13.1 miles are uphill followed by a muddy/icy downhill. Jared decided the Tuesday before the race that he wanted to run it, crazy boy! Robie may be a greuling race, but the sense of accomplishment after you are done is wonderful! I was 3 mintues slower than last time I ran it, coming in with a 2 hours 16 minute finish time. I placed 41st in my age group (out of 170? Can't remember). It was defintely a hot run and I think that slowed me down a bit. Jared finished with a good time of 2 hours and 29 minutes (pretty good for not training a lick for it!) As much as I dread the beginning of the race and Sara and I looked at each other and asked "why are we doing this again?" I will probably do it again next year! The love/hate relationship with Robie will continue. A huge thank you goes out to my mom for taking Ky to the beginning of the race, I love the fact that as I ran by I got to see both of them as started the uphill, and that she boarded a bus with a 1 year old to come cheer us on at the finish! You rock mom!!!

The Running Mammas!

Enjoying some post race relaxation in the shade!



THANKS MOM!!!!

1 comment:

valerie said...

Great accomplishment Stacie!!! I had lots of friend who crazy like you and ran that race! Not fair that after a 13 mile run you still look adorable! :)