Last Thursday night we came home from a friend's house to find our house had flooded. The fridge line popped off and dumped water throughout our house. Disaster Cleanup came out promptly and started cleaning up. There are fans all over the house and special panels to suck water out of the hardwood. We are currently staying with my parents and have been told we can be back in our house tonight. Next step is waiting for the adjustor to come out and tell us what can be done. So far it looks like the hardwoord will have to be refinished, all vinyl replaced, and hopefully all the carpet too. The pictures don't do the damage justice!
It flooded out to our patio.

All the dark parts is where water is just pooled under the carpet.

Water started creeping up our cabinets.

The offending nut.

Special panels to suck water out of wood.
2 comments:
Oh no!! What a mess! I hope you get the replace that carpet. I can only imagine what you are going through with all of that right now. I would be worried about mold in the carpet, if it doesn't get completely dry. Good luck *hugs*
I have been out of the blogging world lately, but HOly CRap what a yucky event you are having to deal with! I hope things are getting better and starting to get fixed soon! Not FUN!
Post a Comment